Bush Hill Park Golf Club was formed in March of 1895, and the Old Park Mansion House became the clubhouse in August of 1922. There are currently over 600 members, made up of a combination of golfers and social members.
The course was designed by Harry Vardon and James Braid, two of the greatest players in the history of the game, winning 11 Open Championships between them. The course is set in just under 100 acres of parkland, only a few minutes’ walk from Enfield Town and a short drive from the M25.
Bush Hill Park Golf Club is a proud member of the 1895 Club, giving our members rights to play on partner courses all over the world. Alongside this we are also part of the James Braid Association, giving our members the opportunity to play on hundreds of courses around the UK for a discounted rate.
We are proud to uphold the traditions of a Private Members’ Club, whilst also moving with the times and welcoming visitors to enjoy our fantastic facilities. Whether you want to play golf, hold a business event, or join as a social member to benefit from our wide range of events, you can be assured of a warm welcome at Bush Hill Park Golf Club.
Old Park Mansion House is a locally listed building that has been home to
Bush Hill Park Golf Club since 1922. The clubhouse overlooks the 18th green and the putting green, which is situated just in front of the large patio area. Tucked back from surrounding roads, the clubhouse is reached via a long sweeping driveway through the beautiful grounds.
The clubhouse provides a comfortable and impressive venue for all occasions, function rooms of various sizes, 3 bars, a restaurant and spacious changing rooms. There is a large patio at the front of the building and a veranda at the rear overlooking the first tee, providing great places to sit outside with a drink in the sunshine.
Members are welcome to bring guests to the Club to join them for a drink or a meal, and visitors are equally invited to enjoy the facilities of the clubhouse. The dress code is very relaxed, with a spike bar where golfers are able to wear golf attire, and jeans are allowed throughout the clubhouse.
To contact us about hiring the clubhouse, or to learn more about becoming a member call 020 3146 9890 or use the online enquiry form.
This was the beginning of Bush Hill Park Golf Club, according to a report in Meyer’s Observer dated 22nd March, 1895. Originally it was a 9 hole course, situated in Queen Anne’s Gardens, Enfield, and by 1897 there were 125 gentlemen and 36 lady members. In 1909 the course was required for development and the Club leased land from the Old Park Estate owned by Hugh Rawlinson Ford. The new 18 hole course was opened on 7th June, 1913. A clubhouse was built (paid for by the members) but was burned down in 1920. In 1914, the Club started negotiations to buy the land but the First World War postponed the sale. In 1922 the land together with the house was purchased for £20,000.
In 1934, the Club was offered £100,000 for development but the members refused to sell. In 1937 Middlesex County Council wished to buy land in order to preserve the open space and in 1939, it was agreed to sell the house and land for £70,000 but before the sale was completed the Second World War began. The membership then was 250 gentlemen and 97 ladies and the annual subscription was nine guineas (£9.45). During the war, the Clubhouse was leased to the Anti-Aircraft Brigade and anti-glider ditches were dug on parts of the course. Golf was played but golf balls were in short supply. After 1945 the Club slowly returned to normal and was finally re-opened on 26th March, 1948. In 1953 the annual subscription was £16 and there was no joining fee.